George Mason University’s Schar School of Policy and Government, the College of Education and Human Development, and Mason’s Center for Regional Analysis invite you to attend:
Symposium on Strengthening the Pipeline from School to Work:
Private Sector and School Partnerships
Thursday, March 8, 2018
9:00am – 2:30pm
In response to a changing economy, many states—including Virginia—now expect their public schools to offer students real world experience before they enter the workforce. As a result, schools must now partner with their business community to create work-based learning opportunities. This symposium will bring business and school leaders together to discuss rigorous strategies for establishing and growing these partnerships.
Former Secretary of Education Arne Duncan will deliver the keynote address.
Other panelists include:
- Anne Holton; former Virginia Secretary of Education and visiting professor of education policy at GMU
- Dr. Jeffery Smith; Superintendent, Hampton City Schools and Champion of the Academies of Hampton
- Monica Callahan; ChamberRVA
- Steve Constantino, Acting Virginia Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Tom Windley, CEO, Premier Physical Therapy
- Lt. Jason Price, Commander, Community Engagement Unit, Hampton Police Division and The Academy of Law & Public Safety at Bethel High School
This symposium organized with support from the Virginia Dept. of Education and Jobs For the Future.
For the detailed agenda with speakers, please click here.
For travel logistics, which includes local hotels, parking, and metro information along with maps and emergency procedures, please click here.
For the program book, which includes the agenda, speaker bios, and other information, please click here (coming soon).
Registration costs $25, and lunch will be provided. Register here.
Sponsorship opportunities are available. More information here.
For questions, contact Dr. Mark White (firstname.lastname@example.org)